How do I perform a DNA precipitation to concentrate my sample?
- Add 1/10 volume of 3 M Na-Acetate pH 5.2, and 2 to 2.5 volumes of ice-cold 100% ethanol to the DNA sample
- Mix, and store at –20°C for at least 1 h to precipitate the DNA
- Recover the precipitated DNA by centrifugation at full speed in a microcentrifuge for 15–20 min
- Pour off the ethanol and wash the pellet twice with room-temperature 70% ethanol
- Allow the DNA pellet to air-dry
- resuspend the DNA in a suitable volume of sterile TE buffer or distilled water