Are there any specific cleaning solutions recommended for the QIAcube?
The following disinfectants and detergents are recommended for cleaning the QIAcube:
- Mikrozid® Liquid (Schülke & Mayr GmbH) — ethanol-based disinfectant for spraying onto surfaces (consists of 25 g ethanol and 35 g 1-propanol per 100 g Mikrozid Liquid)
- RBS®-35 Detergent Concentrate (Pierce Chemical Co.) — anionic and nonionic surfactant based detergent for cleaning the touch screen and worktable door
- RNaseZap® (Ambion) — for complete removal of RNase contamination from glass and plastic surfaces
- 0.1 M NaOH — for cleaning the worktable and racks to remove RNase contamination (alternative to RNaseZap)
- Note: Alcohol is not recommended for cleaning of the door.
Lysetol® AF (Gigsept® Instru AF) (Schülke & Mayr GmbH) — disinfectant for submerging worktable items (consists of 14 g cocospropylene-diamine-guanidine diacetate, 35 g phenoxypropanols, and 2.5 g benzalkonium chloride per 100 g Lysetol AF, with anticorrosion components, fragrance, and 15–30% nonionic surfactants).
DECON-QUAT® 100 (Veltek Associates, Inc.) — quaternary ammonium salt based disinfectant concentrate for submerging worktable items (contains 5% alkyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride and 5% alkyldimethylethylbenzylammonium chloride).
Note: If you want to use disinfectants different from those recommended, ensure that their compositions are similar to those described above.