A world free of TB
Discover – TB management
Latest insights – webinars, stories and more
It’s time to test and treat TB
TB disease is preventable and curable. If LTBI is recognized early, effective preventive treatment can be provided by your doctor. If TB is active, a treatment of multiple drugs is required for a minimum of 6 months that will usually cure the disease and lead to a full recovery.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges that to fight TB effectively, expanding access to better screening, contact tracing and diagnostics are vital (1).
International efforts have succeeded in slowing the COVID-19 epidemic – but responding to COVID-19 has also forced disruption of existing TB control programs around the globe. It’s time for immediate action to stem the potential flood of TB – including a massive catch-up effort to actively diagnose, trace, treat and prevent the disease.
Together we can defeat TB
Featured QFT-Plus resources
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021) CDC Global Tuberculosis Fact Sheet. https://www.cdc.gov/globalhivtb/images/DGHT-TB-Factsheet.pdf
2. World Health Organization. (2020) WHO consolidated guidelines on tuberculosis: tuberculosis preventive treatment. https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/331170/9789240001503-eng.pdf
3. QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus) ELISA Package Insert. Current QFT-Plus package inserts are available at www.QuantiFERON.com
4. Diel, R., Loddenkemper, R., and Nienhaus, A. (2010) Chest 137, 952.
5. Harada, N. et al. (2008) J. Infect. 56, 348.
6. Turner, J. et al. (1996) Immunology 87, 339.
7. Brookes, R.H. et al. (2003) Eur. J. Immunol. 33, 3293.
8. Stenger, S. et al. (1998) Science 282, 121.