- Kriaucionis, S., and Heintz, N. (2009) The nuclear DNA base 5-hydroxymethylcytosine is present in Purkinje neurons and the brain. Science 324, 929.
- Tahiliani, M., et al. (2009) Conversion of 5-methylcytosine to 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in mammalian DNA by MLL partner TET1. Science 324, 930.
- Ito, S., et al. (2010) Role of Tet proteins in 5mC to 5hmC conversion, ES-cell self-renewal and inner cell mass specification., Nature 26, 1129.
- Jin, S.G., Kadam, S., and Pfeifer, G.P. (2010) Examination of the specificity of DNA methylation profiling techniques towards 5-methylcytosine and 5-hydroxymethylcytosine. Nucleic Acids Res. 38, e125.
- Huang, Y., et al. (2010) The behaviour of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in bisulfite sequencing. PLoS One 26, e8888.
- Nestor, C., et al. (2010) Enzymatic approaches and bisulfite sequencing cannot distinguish between 5-methylcytosine and 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in DNA. Biotechniques 48, 317.