World Meningitis Day
Let’s work together to #DefeatMeningitis
WHO road map 2030
The World Health Organization (WHO) has laid out a plan to defeat meningitis by 2030 with the following goals (2):
- Eliminating epidemics of bacterial meningitis
- Reducing cases of vaccine-preventable bacterial meningitis by 50% and deaths by 70%
- Reducing disability and improving quality of life after meningitis of any cause
The WHO is championing five key initiatives to achieve these goals:
- Prevention and epidemic control
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Disease surveillance
- Support and care for people affected by meningitis
- Advocacy and engagement
In addition to preventative measures, the expanded use of evidence-based diagnostic tools for quickly confirming meningitis will be crucial for reducing the harm caused by these infections.
Test your knowledge & donate
Take our quiz and contribute to the eradication of meningitis in the process. For each unique quiz submission*, we’ll donate USD $10 to the Confederation of Meningitis Organisations, whose mission is to reduce the incidence and impact of meningitis worldwide.
* Total donation of up to USD $5000. Please see the terms and conditions in the quiz below.
- GBD 2016 Meningitis Collaborators (2018) Lancet. 17,1061–1082. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474- 4422(18)30387-9
- WHO. Defeating Meningitis by 2030. https://www.who.int/initiatives/defeating-meningitis-by-2030
The QIAstat-Dx ME Panel is indicated as an aid in the diagnosis of specific agents that cause meningitis and/or encephalitis, and results must be used in conjunction with other clinical, epidemiological, and laboratory data. Results from the QIAstat-Dx ME Panel are not intended to be used as the sole basis for diagnosis, treatment, or other patient management decisions. Positive results do not rule out co-infection with organisms not included in the QIAstat-Dx ME Panel. The agent or agents detected may not be the definite cause of the disease. Negative results do not preclude central nervous system (CNS) infection.
The QIAstat-Dx ME Panel is intended for in vitro diagnostic use by laboratory professionals only.
Product availability may differ from country to country based on regulations and approvals. Contact your country representative for further details. For up-to-date licensing information and product-specific disclaimers, see the respective QIAGEN kit instructions for use or user manual. QIAGEN instructions for use and user manuals are available at www.qiagen.com or can be requested from QIAGEN Technical Services (or your local distributor).