Custom LNA Fish Probes
Custom LNA Oligonucleotide FISH Probes
Benefits of LNA-enhanced FISH probes
Let us design LNA FISH probes for you
LNA FISH probe design guidelines
- Detection probes are typically 20–25 nucleotides in length. However, shorter or longer probes can also be used.
- Avoid stretches of 3 or more Gs or Cs.
- Avoid stretches of more than 4 LNA bases, except when designing very short (9–10 nucleotides) oligos.
- Avoid self-complementarity and cross-hybridization to other LNA-containing oligonucleotides. LNA will hybridize very tightly to other LNA residues.
- Keep the GC content between 30–60%.
- A Tm of approximately 75°C is recommended.
- No LNA bases should be placed in palindromes (G-C base pairs are more critical than A-T base pairs).