Two models for Tm prediction
Recommended use of the models
Assumptions and limitations of the models
- The Tm calculation models are based on a modified nearest-neighbor thermodynamic model combination and data from measurements of oligonucleotides ranging from 15–27 nucleotides in length.
- All predictions are based on the following:
- Oligos range from 6–80 bases in length
- Salt concentration (Na+) is 115 mM
- Solution is neutral (pH 7–8)
- Oligo concentration is 1 and 2 µM for RNA and DNA Tm calculations, respectively.
- The calculations do not account for effects of divalent cations, triphosphates or chemical modifications except LNA
- 2’ O-Me modifications can be expected to increase the Tm by 1.3°C per inserted modification. The influence of such modifications has not been taken into account in the models.