How To Load Protocols Onto Your QIAcube Classic
This procedure describes how to install new protocols or update older versions of protocols with newer ones (standard QIAGEN protocols). New protocols or newer versions of protocols for the QIAcube Classic can be downloaded from the protocol overview page. To transfer the new protocols to the QIAcube Classic, first save them to the USB stick.
- Select and download the desired protocol package(s)
- Extract the protocol package(s) and copy the protocol(s) to a folder named “New_Protocols” on the USB stick.
- Make sure that the QIAcube Classic is switched on.
- To install protocols, connect the USB stick to the QIAcube Classic via the USB port, which is located at the front right of the instrument.
- In the main menu, press “Tools”.
- Select “Data Exchange” by pressing the "Up Symbol" or the "Down Symbol" to scroll through the list until it is highlighted and then press “Select”.
- To transfer protocols to the QIAcube Classic, select “Protocols” and either “Load individually from USB” or the “Load all from USB” option . Note: A maximum of 48 protocols can be transferred to the QIAcube Classic.
- Start the download procedure by pressing “OK”. A message will confirm that the protocols have been successfully transferred to the QIAcube Classic.
Note: Protocols already installed on the QIAcube Classic that have the same name as downloaded protocols will be overwritten.
- When the protocols have been successfully transferred to the QIAcube Classic, press “OK”.
For details, please refer to the QIAcube Classic user manual.