RGAM Database Backup Tool software has 2 primary functions – backup and restore.
- Backup: RGAM Database Backup Tool software automatically creates backups of the Rotor Gene AssayManager Microsoft SQL Server Database or a custom database. A backup comprises user management, created and imported work lists, executed runs and approved experiments.
- Restore: RGAM Database Backup Tool software has the functionality to restore previously created backups automatically in situations, for example, involving database defects or computer exchange errors.
Note: Backup files do not contain exported data of the file system (e.g., reports created as .pdf files).
Backup files created by RGAM Database Backup Tool contain:
- All run data of the Approval environment
- All run data of the Archive environment
- User management
- Cycler management*
- All imported Assay Profiles
- All configuration settings*
- The audit trail*
- Generated work lists and imported work lists (if applicable)
* Computer-specific contents must be redefined if the backup file is restored on another computer.