Double DIG-labeled probes for superior sensitivity
The miRCURY LNA miRNA ISH Optimization Kits (FFPE) use double DIG-labeled miRCURY LNA miRNA Detection Probes. These probes offer exceptional sensitivity and specificity, so they even can be used to detect low-abundance miRNAs.
All of the kits have been thoroughly validated for use with a wide range of tissues to ensure the highest level of performance (see table below).
The ideal way to optimize miRNA ISH experiments
All of the miRCURY LNA miRNA ISH Optimization Kits (FFPE) include a double DIG-labeled scrambled probe and a 5’ DIG-labeled U6 control probe. The U6 probe targets U6 snRNA, a small RNA expressed in most tissues, making it an ideal positive control probe in the initial stages of setting up an ISH experiment. The scrambled probe is used as a negative control probe.
In addition, a kit-specific, double DIG-labeled miRCURY LNA miRNA Detection Probe is provided with each kit. These probes can be used as positive control probes in the experiment, once the initial optimization has been performed.
A solution for many problems
The miRCURY LNA miRNA ISH Optimization Kits (FFPE) are very flexible, offering solutions for many different experimental setups without the need for advanced instruments. Some applications include:
- Study of cellular and sub-cellular miRNA localization
- Examination of spatial miRNA expression
- miRNA expression analysis during developmental processes
- ISH analysis of FFPE samples
- Biomarker discovery in FFPE samples
- Potential miRNA ISH in other species where the miRNA target sequence for the kit-specific LNA probe is conserved
- Evaluation of results from functional studies