- Highly sensitive and specific detection of salmonella DNA
- Streamlined detection protocol
- Dedicated mericon bacterial DNA isolation kits available
- PCR run time of 73 minutes on the QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q
- Full license for PCR without additional costs
The mericon Salmonella spp Kit is designed for the target-specific detection of salmonella species DNA in food, animal feed, and pharmaceutical products. It is part of the AOAC-RI PTMSM- and NF ISO 16140-validated mericon Salmonella Detection Workflow. The assay uses a real-time PCR-based protocol and forms part of the comprehensive QIAGEN food testing portfolio, which also features dedicated sample preparation kits and assays for ingredient authentication and GMO DNA detection. The mericon Salmonella spp assay performs optimally on the Rotor-Gene Q, but has also been validated for block thermal cyclers.