2021 - 2010
SALES = $2,25 BN
EMPLOYEES = 6,000
- QIAGEN launches the first FDA-approved tissue companion diagnostic to identify the KRAS G12C Mutation in NSCLC tumors and expand precision medicine options in lung cancer
- In partnership with DiaSorin, QIAGEN launches the new LIAISON® LymeDetect® Assay based on QuantiFERON technology in countries accepting CE Mark for early diagnosis of Lyme Borreliosis
- The dPCR platform QIAcuity is added to the growing portfolio of COVID-19 testing solutions for wastewater and mutation testing. The use of dPCR in the worldwide surveillance of COVID-19 is an additional step towards making digital PCR (dPCR) an affordable and standard instrument for a host of applications in molecular-testing laboratories worldwide.
SALES = $1,87 BN
EMPLOYEES = 5,600
- QIAGEN underlines and innovates its commitment to sustainability with a EUR 400mn sustainability-linked credit facility The interest rate is linked to company’s environmental, social and governance rating, and QIAGEN donates margin gains of improved ESG rating to sustainability-linked causes
- The NeuMoDx multiplex test is launched to complete QIAGEN’s range of SARS-CoV-2 testing solutions in Europe and other markets. QIAGEN now is the only company to be able to offer fast single-plex and multi-plex PCR tests as well as a fast syndromic solution (QIAstat-Dx), providing customers with a broad variety of PCR-based testing options. Furthermore, the portfolio includes RNA extraction kits and instruments as well as testing components and enzymes used by third parties for their own PCR test kits.
- QIAGEN is dramatically ramping up global production capacity for RNA extraction kits for use for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus to reach more than 20 million patient tests on a monthly basis by the end of 2020 in support the response to this global public health crisis.
SALES = $1,53 BN
EMPLOYEES = 5,100
- QIAGEN begins development of next-generation systems for digital PCR and acquires the digital PCR assets of Formulatrix, Inc., a developer of laboratory automation solutions.
- QuantiFERON-Plus is added to the diagnostic catalogue of the STOP TB Partnership’s Global Drug Facility, opening a new channel to reach countries with a high incidence of TB but limited resources.
- Two new FDA-approved tests are added to QIAGEN’s companion diagnostic portfolio: The therascreen PIK3CA RGQ PCR Kit aids in identifying patients eligible for a new breast cancer therapy developed by Novartis and the therascreen FGFR RGQ RT-PCR Kit identifies urothelial cancer patients for Janssen Biotech’s newly approved FGFR kinase inhibitor.
SALES = $1,42 BN
EMPLOYEES = 4,700
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus gains regulatory approval from the U.S.Food and Drug Administration. QFT-Plus represents the fourth generation of the market leading blood test for detecting latent tuberculosis (TB) infection.
- QIAGEN acquires OmicSoft Corporation, with software enabling customers to better manage genomic data and compare findings against massive public data sets.
SALES = $1,34 BN
EMPLOYEES = 4,700
- New core technologies serve fast-growing fields of liquid biopsies, single cells and microbiomes.
- QIAGEN acquires Exiqon A/S, adding solutions to unlock insights from RNA in the fight against cancer and other diseases.
NET SALES = $1,35 BN
EMPLOYEES = 4,300
- QIAGEN’s technologies play a key role in the fight against the devastating Ebola outbreak in Africa.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration grants regulatory clearance for the QIAsymphony RGQ MDx, marking a milestone for QIAGEN’s global rollout of its flagship automation platform.
NET SALES = $1,17 BN
EMPLOYEES = 3,900
- QIAGEN acquires a majority stake in the French company Ipsogen and gains access to a leading portfolio of blood cancer tests.
- Further expansion in Asia with new subsidiaries in India and Taiwan.
NET SALES = $1,09 BN
EMPLOYEES = 3,600
- QIAGEN launches QIAsymphony RGQ, a highly flexible modular automation platform covering entire laboratory workflows.
- QIAGEN acquires a new detection technology for Point of Need. The instruments are highly affordable, portable and generate results in 5 to 15 minutes.
2009 - 2000
NET SALES = $1,01 BN
EMPLOYEES = 3,400
- QIAGEN acquires DxS Ltd., giving the company a leadership position in personalized healthcare.
- QIAGEN’s technologies play a key role in the fight against the global Swine Flu pandemic.
NET SALES = $893M
EMPLOYEES = 3,000
- QIAsymphony SP launches as the first system in a series of modular instruments, designed to automate entire laboratory workflows.
NET SALES = $650M
EMPLOYEES = 2,600
- QIAGEN merges with Digene Corp., creating the market and technology leader in molecular diagnostics
- QIAGEN introduces QIAcube, a revolutionary platform which fully automates the processing of QIAGEN consumable products.
NET SALES = $466M
EMPLOYEES = 1,800
- QIAGEN establishes its Asia regional headquarters in Shanghai.
- QIAGEN acquires an assay technology which allows for the testing of multiple pathogens in a single run (“multiplexing”).
1999 - 1984
NET SALES = $158M
EMPLOYEES = 900
- PreAnalytiX, a joint venture with Becton, Dickenson and Company is established. Two years later the first PAXgene product, consolidating sample collection, stabilization and purification is launched.
NET SALES = $75M
EMPLOYEES = 600
Just over a year after the debut on the NASDAQ, QIAGEN lists its shares on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange as part of the “Neue Markt” index, which would go on to be knows as the TecDAX.
NET SALES = $54M
EMPLOYEES = 450
- Initial Public Offering is completed on NASDAQ, New York and QIAGEN becomes one of the first European companies to list shares on the NASDAQ
- QIAGEN introduces the BioRobot 9600, its first bench-top workstation, which automates purification technologies. This is the first in what is to become a line of laboratory automation solutions.
All photos taken prior to COVID-19