- Suitable for bacterial DNA isolation from all relevant food and environmental samples
- DNA isolation from Gram-negative or Gram-positive bacteria with one protocol
- No inhibitor carryover, so pathogen DNA is ready for use in downstream applications
- Increases productivity by minimizing hands-on time
- Easy tracking of samples and reagents using bar codes
The QIAsymphony mericon Bacteria Kit is for automated isolation of bacterial DNA from primary enrichment cultures of food and environmental samples as part of a pathogen screening workflow. It is specifically designed for use on the QIAsymphony SP, and optimized for use with the mericon Pathogen Detection real-time PCR assays. It uses a single protocol that is suitable for DNA isolation from Gram-negative or Gram-positive bacteria and features high process safety, including an inhibitor removal step and bar code reading to enable full tracking of reagents and samples. Each kit has reagents and accessories for 360 reactions. Prefilled reagent cartridges and continuous sample loading reduce setup time and minimize manual handling.