Back to topPrinciple
The ESEQuant TS2 is a small, easy-to-use fluorescence measurement system for isothermal nucleic acid amplification and fluorescence analysis in other applications. The instrument is extremely sensitive, robust, and cost-effective. Utilizing a fluorescence detector based on modern microsystems technology and state-of-the-art light-emitting diode (LED) and filter technology, the sensitivity of the tube scanner is comparable to top-of-the-range commercial spectrophotometers.
Most importantly, you start your R&D work with a starter kit, which is a fully developed isothermal amplification system from serial production. This means that you save costs, speed up your R&D work, and shorten time-to-market for your assays. After the initial phase, simply choose from a variety of options to make the tests easier and safer for your customers. Once you have decided on the instrument configuration, we can easily customize the design and the graphical user interface (GUI) and branding according to your requirements.
The core of the tube scanner is the patent-protected, highly sensitive miniaturized detector, just twice the size of a matchbox, which detects fluorescence markers. The successful combination of proven components and future-proof technologies result in many benefits for you and for your customers, such as user-friendly input and output of all relevant data via touchscreen, bar codes, and the RFID reader. In addition, the reader provides LIS (Laboratory Information System) and HIS (Hospital Information System) connectivity and enables connection to cloud-based applications.
Back to topSpecifications
Back to topSoftware options and accessories
|Size (L × W × H)
||240 × 240 × 150 mm (9.4 × 9.4 × 5.9 in.)
||Approximately 4 kg (8.8 lb)
|Samples per run
||Up to 12 PCR tubes (200 µl)
||Interactive 17.8 cm (7 in.) touchscreen
||100–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 24–12 VDC (car adapter)
||15–35°C (59–95°F); relative humidity up to 80%
||Peltier heating/cooling unit with 2 independent temperature sensors (NTC)
15–95°C (59–203°F) with ±0.5°C; ramp ±0.5°C/s
||5°C offset to heater unit (to avoid condensation)
||±0.2°C (45°C); ±0.4°C (64°C); ±0.7°C (90°C)
||<12,000 Hz and maximum noise <55 db(A)
||4 × USB, Ethernet, plus optional WLAN and Bluetooth
|Full standalone operation
||Data entry via touchscreen or bar code scanner
Multiple assays per run
User access control
Full traceability of results
LIS and HIS connectivity (HL7 interface plus optional POCT-1A)
||Multiple wavelengths for up to 9 dyes per tube
|470/520; 560/625; 520/550; 625/680; 365/460; 550/600
||FAM; ROX; HEX; Cy5; Coumarin; TAMRA etc.
|Scan interval 12 tubes
||10 seconds (for one wavelength channel)
||One raw data acquisition cycle for maximum 12 tubes with up to 4 colors (on 2 detectors) within 35 seconds
||10-12 mol/l fluorescein sodium in 0.1 N sodium hydroxide (measured with excitation at 470 nm and detection at 520 nm)
||Internal calibration among solid standards
Tube Scanner Studio Software is a unique and comprehensive tool for the development of isothermal amplification and fluorescence tests in conjunction with the ESEQuant TS2. A wide range of options enables the test developer to easily and quickly develop a quantitative tube test:
- Method creator: freely definable test methods with up to 100 process steps
- Data evaluation: the user can select algorithms to test with a single curve
- Final result evaluation: the user can define the qualitative results for each tube using combined results from more than one detector channel
This comprehensive software enables test manufacturers to:
- Save costs by using an all-in-one system
- Speed up the test development process
- Easily develop a next-generation assay
A number of accessories are available for reading, interpreting, and documenting rapid tests at the point of need:
Back to topApplications
||Operate for up to 4 hours without an external power supply (at a working temperature of 64°C)
||Standard thermal printer
|Bar code scanner
||Internal 2D or external 1D or 2D scanner
The ESEQuant TS2 reader is ideally suited to a range of applications, including:
Back to topRelated products
SpeedXtract Nucleic Acid Kit
- Molecular diagnostics: the thermo-controlled instrument detects changes in fluorescence signal in up to 6 channels during isothermal amplification in real time. Using appropriate chemistry, DNA or RNA can be tested in just few minutes, giving highly sensitive results.
- Genetic testing: using the ESEQuant TS2, genetic tests such as single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis can be carried out directly from unprocessed whole blood samples, providing significant time, cost, and labor savings.
- Melting curve analysis: melting curve analysis enables identification and differentiation of specific DNA products based on their melting temperature. The ESEQuant TS2 allows reliable and accurate discrimination of subtle sequence variations.
- Immunodiagnostics/enzyme kinetics: fluorescence detection plays an important role in immunodiagnostics and enzyme kinetics applications. In combination with QuantaRed Enhanced Chemifluorescent HRP Substrate, the ESEQuant TS2 demonstrates exceptional sensitivity with detection of as few as 2 attomoles (100 fg) HRP in less than 10 minutes. This makes the ESEQuant TS2 highly suitable for ELISA readout and quality control applications.