- Directed presentation for enhanced signal-to-noise and reproducibility
- Wide range of binding capacities by varying the number of beads
- Effective screening procedures even with crude cell lysates
- Ideal for study of biomolecular interactions
- Options for full automation
Ni-NTA Magnetic Agarose Beads are magnetic particles coated with Ni-NTA Agarose affinity purification matrix. They are used for immobilizing and purifying recombinant proteins carrying a His tag. Histidine residues in the His tag bind to the vacant positions in the coordination sphere of the immobilized nickel ions with high specificity and affinity. Once proteins are bound, the beads can be precipitated using a magnet, washed, and proteins eluted in small volumes of buffer under native or denaturing conditions.