PyroMark instruments dispense the correct volume of enzyme mix, substrate mix, and nucleotides using variable pulse times and dispensing pressures. The settings for these pulse times and dispensing pressures are specific for each lot of PyroMark Q24 Cartridges and correspond to the method number printed on the PyroMark Q24 Cartridge. The instrument method should be selected in the PyroMark Q24 Advanced Software according to the reagents and reagent cartridge that will be used for the run. The settings and instrument method files provided on this page are only for use with PyroMark Q24 Advanced Software and PyroMark Q24 Advanced Reagents or Advanced CpG Reagents.
Important: The instrument method files provided on this page should only be used for Pyrosequencing analyses set up with PyroMark Q24 Advanced Software and PyroMark Q24 Advanced Reagents or Advanced CpG Reagents. Only instrument methods provided by QIAGEN should be used.
Import a downloadable instrument method file in PyroMark Q24 Advanced Software
- Access the available downloadable instrument method files below or under the "Resources" tab on the PyroMark Q24 Advanced product page.
- Click the instrument method file that corresponds to the method number printed on the label of the cartridge to be used.
- Save the instrument method file to the computer running PyroMark Q24 Advanced Software.
- In the PyroMark Q24 Advanced Software, open the "Instrument Method" dialog box from the "Tools" menu.
- Click the "Import" button and locate the downloaded instrument method file.
- The downloaded instrument method file will now appear in the "Instrument Methods" dialog box under "Methods provided by user" and can be selected in the dropdown list when creating a new Run Setup.