TB testing is critical because it allows us to identify individuals who have been infected with TB bacteria, even if they have not yet developed active TB disease. This helps prevent the spread of the disease and reduce its impact on the community. Find out types of TB infection testing.
QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus) is a blood test (IGRA). It is the simpler, more affordable way to test for TB infection, producing more accurate results than the century-old TST. Here are the major differences between the two:
- QFT-Plus has >94% sensitivity and >97% specificity.
- QFT-Plus is unaffected by the BCG vaccine, reducing the risk of false positives.
- QFT-Plus uses a lab-controlled assay that provides clear, objective results.
Curious to see how QFT-Plus can protect all at-risk patients?
One visit, one tube, one objective result – discover why more providers choose QFT-Plus, making it the world’s #1 TB blood test.
- QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus (QFT-Plus) ELISA Package Insert. Current QFT-Plus package inserts are available at www.QIAGEN.com
- Diel, R., Loddenkemper, R., and Nienhaus, A. (2010) Chest 137, 952.
- Harada, N. et al. (2008) J. Infect. 56, 348.